الاثنين، مايو 02، 2005

My Rays

I'm thoroughly appreciative of the nice people around me. Although life does really suck at the moment, with me still studying at this terrible hour of the morning, the knowledge and acts of these many nice people show me the light in this world of many darkest hours.

I wouldn't say which act compelled me to publish this post, but all these acts had a cascade effect, with one of them igniting the push factor which made me publish the post. I'm heartened by the encouragement that Janice gave me the other day, when I was downth in the lowest of dumps, that "even impossible says it was possible". I appreciated that alot gurl. It was followed closely by Lester, my bro of bros, who always walks to Sheares just to have supper with me, and catchup with the old times. And I don't want to make this chronological and by effort so I shall be more haphazard in posting. I'm really warmed by Zoey, who despite being so tired herself, was so concerned about my probable lack of sleep that she attempted to explain the effects of the lack of sleep on memory, just to goad me to sleep. Thanks babe. And Nicholas my blk head, who walked in the other day and reminded me to study. How many people will tell you that? I'm thankful for such a friend, really. Also, I've got the best neighbour in the world: Alan Aw. I am willing to say that it's hard for anyone to find a guy as good as he is. He is so considerate and so tolerant, forever listening to my endless crap, and probably enduring the loud music blasting sessions that I am prone to when I am down, at odd hours and days. He takes care of everyone's welfare, including mine, and even though I'm the vice-chair of student's welfare, I'm less welfare-prone than all the people in this post. And Alan's gf Jessica. She's the carbon copy of Alan in the XY type, always giving me advice, and talking to me when I need someone to talk to, and pushing me on with such fevour in her logic.

I just had supper with Mark, Justin, Grace and Calvin, and I thank Mark for being such a great dude- for picking me up from Sheares and driving me all the way to Changi point, and then sending me back all the way on the return trip. And all the time, what he said was, it's okie lah, at most coffee on you what. I thank Shuwen for always lending me her Marketing notes to photocopy, for bringing me to marketing class for the first few sessions. Vincent for always being so encouraging and so cheerful in his daily repetitive conversations, like, "Charles, how're you?" Does anyone comprehend how much a how are you means to someone else? I think we live in this world that take's for granted the sweet little things in life, whoever they're from.

And lil' "ping guo", Rebecca. For packing my fav. food for dinner, when I require, and for being a really good confidante when I need one. Jingpei the other person in my tridante of confidante from arts camp. U people make life so much perkier in NUS. Kaiting and Yingjin, the 2 "sisters" who, I received a shock when Kaiting sent me a typed out copy of the next tutorial's main answers and Yingjin who hand wrote the same tutorial out for me, just to make life so so much easier for me in doing my tutorials. Where do you find such friends? I'm also heartened by Si Ning for sending me nice songs to perk me up and for reminding me not to drink too much when I was out drinking a few nights ago.

The list goes on with my ex-Jc orientation group and classmate, brother, and friend Isaac, who's been together with me through many of my trials in life, for being encouraging and nice always. I remembered there was once when I was in cold war with my parents and didn't get pocket money for months. Somehow for that one day, my "investment" returns were not yet due to mature, so I didn't have recess. He bought me a lot for recess. I remembered the prata and all. It was really too much. But I was so touched. And since I'm at my parents, my mom for growing wiser and more understanding through the years, for the really expensive ginseng packets for perking myself up, for the bottles of chicken essence and the words that "Just stay in hall and study and don't waste time making the trip home" even though I know that she really wants me home for her to talk to her son. And for my grandma too. I don't know what to do without her. She's the most fantastic lady around. The one who brought me up. The one who wants to watch me through university. The one who always wants the best for me. The one who talks to me about the right way to live life. My dad too, for really becoming more right, than the left, for telling me in earnest logic about why I should study hard.

Alan Lim and Kelvin, for selflessly offering me their hall rooms during the last holiday break to store my barangs and for the occasional sleep and cs sessions in the midst of IHG training. Thanks so much for being great seniors. And my current course/class/lecture mate and fellow hostelite Sze Yi for always helping me with notes, chopping of lecture seats for me and entertaining my last minute exam questions. I'd have missed more sessions than I had without your conscientious help. And lastly, but not conclusively only, Pet6304, for always nicely saying hi, and bye, amongst other things that we talk about on the shoutbox of Chillicrap. I know it sounds weird that even hi and bye warrants a tint of appreciation, but I'm heartened personally, because, how many of you give the same hearty hi and bother to shout out a bye, that she always gives me and quite a few others, when you're busy doing your own little things?

A big thank you to you all, for bringing me light and illuminating my world, many hours before the first rays of dawn.

2 Comments:

Blogger joelle said...

only glad to be of some help charles. take care you

3:42 م  
Blogger Mark Leong said...

Awwww......shwoooo sweeeet.

5:27 م  

إرسال تعليق

<< Home