الخميس، مايو 05، 2005

Ramblings

I am actually forcing myself to study today. Literally. I shoved a red-bull down myself after feeling sleepy and before that it was Chicken Essence. And I'm dropping off again so I think I need another bottle. Good thing I have another 2 more bottles of chicken essence left. Someone tried to decrypt my previous post just now. I had to take down the clues on the side bar, linking people to the blogs of others. If you find you blog missing and want it reinstated, please inform me. Your names were clues to make this thing more obvious. And if you know what the post refers to, please keep it to yourself. I don't need another MA1506 kind of bushfire. Not on my site.

Some idiot has quoted all my sayings from CC and posted them on the Youth PAP site. I'm kinda not very happy that this has happened. In fact, what is it with ignorant and apathetic Singaporeans who're anti-government? Can't they see projects the government carry out in a more positive light? And why can't they have more respect for some of the ministers like MM Lee? I abhor it when people as young as one-third MM's age mention him with disregard and disrespect as "laolee". But that is trivial, this dissolving of Asian values. What is worse is when you visit Youth PAP and find out that so many of them on the forums are anti-government. What are they doing there? Why haven't they got anyone to moderate the posts? Is this the best that we've got to discuss keynote issues? I am not a staunch PAP loyalist or something. I just appreciate and hold the government in regard for their steadfast handling of national policies and how our lives have improved because of them. Like when I was young, there was no MRT. I watched how the MRT lines sprouted and how the roads have widened. I watched how flats became more beautiful and the economy went in cycles. But our cycles were like small blips with huge incremental bumps. Our neighbours were high-frequency sine-waves with the troughs something that, as long as our government stay in power, we will never suffer. I have more to post about this but exams beckon. Politics is something close to my heart but sensitive to society I guess. That is why I've been wrongly quoted, selectively quoted, pissingly maliced and horribly slammed in Youth PAP forum. Goodness I don't even have a working account there for goodness sake. Can't you get a life before you sprout nonsense and use me as a case study to slam around? Lastly, it is at times like this that I miss Christopher Lin. He should be the one defending the government, like he did in class, alone most of the time, with great insight. I could use the help, though now I better comprehend some of the government's policies because of the protracted days of dispelling disrespect against the government.

Oh and thanks Mark for attempting to take some arrows on CC. I hope it doesn't bleed you to Youth PAP too (there isn't any shield nor FAD there you noe). I should heed Si Ning's advice. "Don't be childish." Let those irrational people win. (and I add) for really, it means nothing, because they don't really change, do they?

Love To All, and Esp to U