Sa Wa Dee Krup
This is going to be a narrative post. It is something which I meant to do after I came back from Thailand but haven't got time to do. Reflect on my reflections of life while reflecting in Thailand. Okie that's alot of reflections already.
I think firstly I kinda came to grip with Sun Tze and his Art of War. I actually was continuing my search for business to do and I finally conclusively concluded that without the knowledge of proper Thai, there wasn't any way that I can possibly do business there. I don't even know the language of thy enemy. But really Thailand is really the land of opportunities in Southeast Asia, and I can feel it. It's the next Singapore, I bet you, where the people are willing to work, go the extra mile, be polite and make their society a really good place to live in. I have a resolution to buy Central World Mall/Plaza (the ex. World Trade Centre) there, if ever I get the opportunity to, and turn it into an entertainment and .... (shan't disclose) place for Thais. It's clean and a viable and very profitable business, lest you all think off the margin. All interested venture capitalists, tag me your emails. =)
I might have gushed effusively about Thai society when people probably associate Thailand with Thai workers you see at the construction sites here and what you heard about Thai road manners and traffic jams and all. But behind all these, really, at the fabric of society is what I can say look for in a ... hmm... spouse even I dare say. They are polite, remember sawadeekrup, ko koon krup, ko to krup, that you always hear? Or the pressing of palms, the always smiling of thais, and the pleasant bargainings, instead of the fiercer HK sort that you experience on Lady's Street in HK? For the sort of bargainings my mom did and myself to a certain extent, we'd be thoroughly rebuked elsewhere. And yes, the smile, jus make all their women more attractive. I sound like I've been sprinkled by black magic that my mom always mentions, but this is the latest discovery I made about Thailand: The ladies there are getting prettier! (Oh on a sidenote, my mom and I were given wrong directions to places by 2 extremely pretty babes... )
And and, the things in Thailand are getting more expensive. Talk about global inflation. How come goods in Singapore aren't inflating at the same rate? Praise the government for that. Okie, this is a side-note. But in general, I think I'm in the wrong course in uni. Maybe I should've tried for Business instead, and maybe I should be doing Southeast Asian Studies. But my mom would kill me. LoL, so no maybes. But if permitted, I think if I can't go U Penn for exchange, I'd like to go Chulalongkorn University for exchange; It's for a pragmatic reason: so that I can pick proper Thai up, and make the right Thai contacts. Oh but I don't think it'll materialise, not without my parent's support.
I seemed to have alot to tell myself in Thailand, but the post seems surprisingly short. Of course it is possible that I left out a few things, but I guess, maybe some things are better kept to myself. I think I came back more grown up (funny as it might seem, I seem to keep thinking I've matured episodically). And also, I think that I'm going to give up relationships for a while. I think relationships take more than 2 hands to clap. It takes more than 2 hearts and 2 minds and 2 hands. It takes more than 2 whole persons. It takes overextended commitment, something that even if I'm willing to give (and had previously gave), others might be too lazy, too unsure, too put off by my packed-to-the-brim schedule to be willing to give. They say that career comes first for men, I second that, because, it is truely money that can buy everything, for men, contrary to what folklore says. Because, money can buy you peace, money can buy you harmony, and money can even buy you love in this materialistic world.
Welcome to the dark side (hey this sentence is typed purely by coincidence. Any prior reference is deeply regretted... don't sue me =P)
P.S. This is purely a rantorical post and is pure rants and does not wholely represent my entire and true point of view. Please do not quote me nor use me in the papers. Okie okie I'm kidding, but this spate of recent quotes of blogs in Straits Time is worrying.

0 Comments:
إرسال تعليق
<< Home