الاثنين، يناير 30، 2006

Catching up

I would say that alot has happened in this blog-less one month and here's the catch up post.

Firstly, I'd like to conclude 2005: nothing-ness
Strange, cuz i dreamed so much but nothing cud materialise. Because of many many constraints.

Most significant moment: none
Most stupid moment: Racing in Singapore Open (which was the final SEA games qualifier also)
Most exciting moments: Buaya week

Secondly, my birthday celebrations on 9th Jan 2006: THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH! ALL OF YOU, whether you ponded me, banged me, prepared things for me, gave me presents, spent the day with me, got together because of me and sms-ed me birthday wishes: Thank you all! Thanks Qijun for jio-ing blk (E) and the cake; thanks Meichin for the surprise, and thanks jcrc (Eley, Francis, Junkiat, Ahbi, Weyling, and Jess) for get-together and thanks track girls (Joyce, Hazel, Sarah and Yeefern) for your very out-of-the-blue surprise.

After that was Track IHG on the 11th Jan. Somehow we came home a disappointing 4th; in my own opinion and even though our team wowed the crowd with our entertaining runs, I somehow don't feel the sense of achievement cuz we didn't win. The worse part was I ran badly. Somehow, one day, I must be part of a winning team for IHG.

Track IVP on 18th Jan followed, with a most ridiculous proposition of jumping when I had 39 degrees fever the day before and 38 degrees fever on that day. Compounding, I hadn't jumped in a year and the stopper for my pole disintegrated to dust when i did one trial jump. Faced without a pole, I shared a heavier pole with my NUS team-mate Dewen. Consequently, I couldn't penetrate (because u need to be able to run fast enough and weigh heavy enough to use a pole for pole vault) and always landed close to or on the pit, resulting in a bruised ankle. Fortunately, I crossed the bar when I needed to and ensured that I came in 6th and with points for NUS.

Stress and fatigue of a big committee has gotten to me. Somehow I have lotsa requests to handle. It has been a harrowing month for such a committee.

Chinese New Year has come wrongly but I'll elaborate on that tmr. Time to sleep.

-Nite-

Charles